FREE item(s) will automatically be added to your shopping cart
Time to rule the rocks with some attitude! We’ve combined the rugged good looks of the Deadbolt with the exceptional handling of the trail-ready SCX10 II chassis, giving you a rig that’s got both charisma and competence. The Deadbolt body is now coated with an olive drab paint scheme while keeping the original features you’ve come to love about it; narrow stance, bulging hood, realistic driver figure and exterior cage complete with light bar (LED lights sold separately). Finalizing the look is a licensed CRC front bumper and Method Hole wheels wrapped in Nitto Trail Grappler tires.
Underneath the muted-green shell sits the SCX10 II, a reliable chassis that is equipped for extreme trailing - AX10 transmission, single-piece AR44 axles and WB8 HD Wildboar driveshafts. This rig doesn’t just meet the standards for offroading, it defines them.
AR44 SINGLE PIECE AXLE
The pinion gear is 6mm above center, this allows for added ground clearance and better driveshaft angles. The high pinion design has an increased surface contact for increased durability. AR44 front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability. Integrated C-hubs and lockouts offer optimized performance as well as improved ground clearance. Metal dogbones, helical cut internal gears and high-quality bearings are all standard equipment. The ring gear/locker is a single-unit piece made of strong sintered metal, and the pinion is CNC cut for durability.
The ultra compact transmission allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices allowing super high speed or competition level crawling speed. The new transmission housing design still retains the basic function of the original transmission but in a new more scale looking case.
• Final drive ratio (FDR) 42.00 – Original SCX10 was 33.06
• 20T metal drive gear, plastic idler gear and plastic lower gear (Optional: upgrade to all metal gears with gear set: AX31585 or AX30708)
• Scale looks – silver color looks like cast aluminum
• Better mounting points at the base of the transmission – no more stripped screws!
AE-5 ESC, WATERPROOF
The Axial AE-5 ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPO and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
• Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug.
• Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
• Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
• Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
1.9 METHOD HOLE WHEELS
In an industry that's all about the latest and greatest, while taking advantage of styling trends, sometimes the 'less is more' approach is quite refreshing and the hole wheel offers just that. Clean, simple and METHOD STRONG! These officially licensed METHOD Hole Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean line look.
• 26mm (1.02") wide
• 53.9mm (2.12") tall
1.9 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER M/T TIRE (S30 COMPOUND)
The officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Tires offer a fantastic blend of off-road performance while still retaining excellent composure for on-road use. They are molded in our durable S30 compound with large blocks that provide excellent bite when the going gets tough!
• 4.7" x 1.9" (119.4mm x 48.2mm)
• S30 Compound
Nitto® and Trail Grappler® are registered trademarks of Nitto Tire U.S.A., Inc.
Chassis Mounted Servo
Scale matters, but so does geometry! In pursuit of scale looks, we’ve moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis, just as a full size truck has its steering box located on the frame. The front suspension design also helps eliminate bump steer as much as possible for the best driving experience.
• Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
• Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
• Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SHOCKS
Threaded shock bodies hold a single coilover spring and they're oil filled shocks which allow you to tune the dampening rate. Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. There's also coilover shock reservoirs for realistic scale looks.
WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
• 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
• Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
• 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint
• Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance
• Adjustable length driveline parts included in box
ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY
new adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward
for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
• Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving
• Posts are included to fine tune the fit based on the battery you choose
• Easy access for quicker battery changes
• Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000 mAh)
RECEIVER BOX, WATERPROOF
Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
• Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity
STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS
realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable
steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all
hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis
rigidity (torsional stiffness). Realistic shock hoops with multiple
shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for
maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and
assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces
hang-ups on terrain. Compared to the previous design, additional holes
have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making
This chassis is designed at 12.0” wheelbase length, but is easily adjusted to either a 11.4” or 12.3” wheelbase (optional link kits sold separately). Axial designed the chassis so that all the wheelbase adjustability happens out back without sacrificing front-end suspension geometry. Simple removal and installation of the suspension links and changing the drive shaft length allows an easier way to adjust the wheelbase.
• Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
• Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) with optional links sold separately
• 4 link rear
TACTIC TTX200 TRANSMITTER
The TTX200 2.4GHz transmitter is a two-channel pistol grip radio with digital channel reversing for both steering and throttle along with digital trim and end point adjustment. The radio is powered by four AA batteries (included) and also features SLT (Secure Link Technology), which creates an unbreakable link between the receiver and your transmitter featuring an auto-bind design.
35T BRUSHED MOTOR
an even balance of speed and crawling, the 35-turn brushed motor
features a worry-free design with an integrated cooling fan allowing for
extended periods of use. Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, and no
loud exhaust noise. Just plug 'n' go!
METAL GEAR TACTIC SERVO, 151 oz-in, WATER RESISTANT
included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque
for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and
precise movement for the metal gear train.
Length: 18.1" (460mm)
Width: 8.8" (225mm)
Height: 9.0" (229mm)
Wheelbase: 12.0" (305mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.7" (68mm)
Weight: 4.65lbs (2.1kg) estimated with electronics
Battery: 6-cell NiMH or 2-3S LiPo
Battery Charger: Compatible with selected battery
- Chassis: Scale steel C-channel side rails with adjustable body mount, adjustable bumper mounts with swaybar mounting points, mounting points for optional 2-speed and servo winch, adjustable chassis mounted servo system
- Drive: Full time 4WD locked drivetrain with WB8 HD Wild Boar driveshafts, UVJ style front driveshafts for up to 45° of steering angle, full ball bearing drivetrain
- Transmission: AX10 three gear layout, metal motor plate, adjustable ratio for high speed or competition level crawling speed
- Slipper Clutch: Dual pad design for added surface area, 32P gear pitch for high-torque applications
- Motor: 35 turn, brush equipped, water resistant, integrated cooling fan
- Radio: Tactic TTX200 2-channel SLT radio with TR325 Receiver, steering and throttle end point adjustment & reverse, pushbutton steering and throttle trim
- Steering Servo: Tactic TSX45 metal gear, water resistant, 151oz/in torque rating, dual ball bearings
- ESC: The Axial AE-5 ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPO and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures. Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug. Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh. Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings. Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
- Spur Gear: 56T 32-pitch, plastic construction
- Pinion Gear: 15T 32-pitch, steel construction
- Battery Tray: Easy access front mount, accomodates batteries up to 5.75 x 1.2" (147 x 32mm) 3S, 5000mAh, with battery posts in position dimensions are reduced to 5.4 x .94" (138 x 24mm)
- Front and Rear Axles: Hardened steel
- AR44 Hi-Pinion Axle: Hypoid cut CNC metal gears, optimized gear ratio for reduced torque twist, optional gearing choices, one-piece axle housing, increased clearance, larger load rated bearings for durability, 8° kingpin axle eliminates tire scrub, single piece axle housing, one-piece all metal locker, 10° increment adjustments for knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters, optimized gear ratio; 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously, for less torque twist
- Body: Painted Deadbolt
- Wheels: In an industry that's all about the latest and greatest, while taking advantage of styling trends, sometimes the 'less is more' approach is quite refreshing and the hole wheel offers just that. Clean, simple and METHOD STRONG! These officially licensed METHOD Hole Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean line look. 26mm (1.02") wide 53.9mm (2.12") tall
- Tires: The officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Tires offer a fantastic blend of off-road performance while still retaining excellent composure for on-road use. They are molded in our durable S30 compound with large blocks that provide excellent bite when the going gets tough! 4.7" x 1.9" (119.4mm x 48.2mm) S30 Compound
- Shocks: Coil over, oil filled, steel springs, white in color
- Suspension: Optimized suspension geometry with integrated mounts upper and lower aluminum links, 4-link design reduces axle steer and torque twist, and guards against suspension wrap-up in high-power applications, all steel links
- Steering: Proper CMS geometry using 3-link setup with panhard bar, 45° steering angle